What is life all about - Studies or Happiness?

After months and months of studying in high school, I begin to ponder on a simple question- What is life all about? I hate to mention it but I am still lost. Parents always want their children to work hard, and wanting them to be successful in the future. That is what we call a typical way of thinking according to Singaporeans. You could be successful and all that, but what about happiness. My uncle one told me that happiness is the most important thing in life. It is not that we should neglect studying, but I just want everyone to treasure our lives. We are all given 'perfect' lives as Singaporeans. We have technology at our fingertips, beautiful surroundings everywhere and not to mention airconditioning most of the the time. Sadly, it only happens in one life. Studying is definitely a crucial yet vital thing to do, as we store our knowledge for later use for the future. Therefore, the ideal life is to do what you love in life. As long as you are happy, it means that you are living your life. It does not mean that you should laze around. Doing what you love must be realistic, and should be a productive thing to do. Money may not neccessarily buy you happiness. My father told me happiness is a subjective thing. A Singaporean going out for clubbing might experience the same kind of happiness ascompared to a group of construction workers going to the beach.

I want to embrace the future and not hold any regrets in life. Back to the question -- What is life all about. I'm still a teenager, so I don't know much. Perhaps once I reach my uncle or my dad's age I understand. For know, that is just my viewpoint of life. Happiness is what keeps us going, and not what should be excessively sacrificed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment