Something that has changed my life

The very first thing that comes into my mind is council. After joining the proed council, I realise that I had to make a change for myself. Being a councillor is a challenge, not to mention that the workload given is equivalent to having another Ep3. Irealised that leadership is really being who you are. But the most most important thing you need to have is about having courage. I started to notice that the people who actually speak up in class are the ones who are more confident in life compared to the others who just simply sit there and watch the world go by. My point is that by having the courage, being actually respect you and want you to lead them. Courage has not been my strong point, therefore I am still working on it. Council has also taught me how to manage my time. I struggled through the first few months but soon got the hang of it. I know that my efforts will eventually pay off. I have become a more efficient person and will look to do better in my studies. Council helped me to ease the pressure in Hwa Chong. My councilmates are like my brother. We laughed, competed and worked together like a family. They have all been a source of motivation to me. I finally got the chance to have close relationships with them, which eventually taught me the true meaning of brotherhood.
So many people question me, 'Why join council?'. I feel that council has been a brilliant experience to me. I want to learn more about leadership and how we apply the skills in the future. I believe that everyone is a leader in his or her own way. I want to be a leader too. I will pledge to work harder and give my best to contribute to the school.

1 comments:

kohkahxuan said...

I am glad that you did not regret for joining the council, just because it had increased your workload. From your description on the council, it seem to me that the reason for your efficiency now is that you might have learnt how to better manage your time. This is an important factor as it can determine how much time you have for your studies and not to stress yourself out. This is something I am still trying to learn.

Also, joining the council may help you to come across more people and interacting with them, since councillors will have to organise a lot of activities and have to work with many students from different consortium and levels. This is something that can be achieved by joining the councillor, and sure enough, you have not made the wrong decision.

Post a Comment