IN-CLASS ONLINE LESSON #8

Dear Diary,

Today was frustrating day for me. I just got involved in World War II, whereby we had to face the heavily-armored Japanese soldiers.

The British army was heavily injured and got their loots stolen during their battles. Because of their failure to defend Singapore from the Japanese, Chinese soldiers were needed to assist them. One of them was me. For the past few months, we had trainings every day and learn survival skills such as learning how to kill animals and cook them, purify water for consumption and most importantly learning how to use the gun.

Today was my first day at war. It turned to out to be one of the worst days of my life. Our weapons were so inferior when compared to the Japanese and our zero fighter planes were nothing compared to their high-technology planes. The Japanese proved to be too strong for us and many of my comrades died. Luckily for me, I managed to survive. However, I sustained an injury on my leg as someone had shot me.
I always thought that my comrades and I were capable to dealing with the Japanese. However, news got out saying that many of our soldiers are dying quickly and our resources are running out. We actually failed. The general was shocked by how capable the Japanese were. A huge physiological damage was done on us.

I’m really uncertain about my battle tomorrow. I really hope the tables will turn in our favor. We keep ourselves calm and fight for the country like relentless warriors. I do believe that Singapore still has hope in keeping the Japanese away. As long as we do our best, there would still be a chance for many us to come out of this war victorious. Until then, our lives are on the line.

Winston Tan

0 comments:

Post a Comment