IN-CLASS ONLINE LESSON #10


I was a Jew, and I was reading the Guardian, when I saw this article that really scared me. The title was “Israel should be wiped off map, says Iran’s president”. The leader of a country had created a sense of outrage by threatening to wipe a Jewish country off. This was a result of long years of hatred that the two countries have for each other. The formation of Israel was due to the overtaking of Iranian land. This might have sparked off anti-Semitism feelings among Muslims, who are Iran’s main ethnic composition.

I was really terrified that Iran’s president will endanger our race again. We had suffered a lot in the past, and would certainly not want to be affected by him. His comment would probably make us Jews panic. Perhaps that was what he wanted. I personally do not know why he hates us so much. I feel that peace should be made so that we would not have to suffer ever again.

I decided book a ticket to somewhere far way in Asia. I did not want to stay Israel for now as it is unsafe. I might return after a few months. Luckily for me, I have a few business friends they who can help me whenever I’m in need.
I hope that the Iran president will do no harm to us in the near future.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/oct/27/israel.iran

0 comments:

Post a Comment