The past.

2. Have you ever been part of a group of people who were unkind to one or some individuals? What was the circumstance? How did you act? What did you feel?

I have never been under those circumstances before. However, this is how I would have thought if I were to answer the questions.

I was part of a clique back in the early days of my primary school life. Jenson, who was new in school and supposedly joined our group to gain popularity, was also tormented by my other friends. Jenson simply did not care. He kept on following us around and always tried to 'click' with us whenever we had a conversation. Everyone thought that he was irritating and thus no one was kind or showed pity towards him. A few weeks later, tormenting became bullying. My friends punched or kicked him hard whenever they had the chance to. I tried to intervene, but to no avail. I knew that sooner or later, the group would be in big trouble. And it did. Jenson's mother had called the school up to report on the brusies that Jenson had all over his body. My friends who had hurt him were immediately expelled upon the shocking news. I felt bad to have let my friends off easily. Losing my friends was bad, but losing my pride was worse. Time never turns back. If it could, then the world would have been perfect. This was definitely a huge learning point for me to grasp. I'll never forget this incident for life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment