Poem about primary school life

I visioned those memories,
with all the voices mistaken.
It tears down my pride,
and keeps me all night awaken.

I remember those days,
full of flaws and sadness.
Crying just didn't help,
and I was all alone helpless.

I was all alone in the dark,
no-one even helped.
I was all stuck,
and the world of mine just seemed so small.

My life hasn't even reached a fraction,
yet I felt like the world was falling apart.
I constantly wrote in my lactrum,
and expressed my feelings in it.

Then, my life took a major turn.
Words couldn't simply describe it.
The river of my life had shown,
and it flowed fast, really fast.

Fire ignited my heart,
and ignited my soul.
Just like a draft,
I was soon getting close to the right picture of life.

It was the start of a whole new journey,
the start of a teenager life.
I saw saw the light coming out of the darkness,
and felt a sense to strive.

It was the time to shatter those old memories,
a huge shoutout to the world.
You could say I was a dreamer,
but now those thoughts of yours can now be hurled.

Those impossible dreams were like candle lights that lit,
drowning out all those fears.
Embracing the future,
It just felt so right.

Time will tell.
The future awaits me.
But I know for now,
I am set free.

3 comments:

Tan Chuan Xin said...

This is a very meaningful poem that you have written. It speaks about someone (or you) losing hope when in your darkest period, with no one to lean on, and then you found out that you did not need any help, and instead helped yourself out of that dark and difficult time. This is a meaningful poem indeed. However, there is something confusing. Was the rhyming of the 2nd and 4th line in 1st and 2nd stanzas unintentional? If it was not, then why did the other stanzas not have any rhymes in those two lines?

Winston Tan said...

It was meant to be a free-verse poem

alex peng said...

Very nice poem. It's really special. As we're growing up, we should be more independent learners too.

Post a Comment