Bleed It Out

Verse 1)

Yea here we go for the hundredth time,
Hand grenade pins in every line,
Throw 'em up and let something shine.
Going out of my freaking mind.
Filthy mouth, no excuse.
Find a new place to hang this noose.
String me up from atop these roofs.
Knot it tight so I won't get loose.
Truth is you can stop and stare,
bled myself out and no one cares.
Dug a trench out, laid down there
With a shovel up out to reach somewhere.
Yeah someone pour it in,
Make it a dirt dance floor again.
Say your prayers and stomp it out,
When they bring that chorus in.

1)Metaphors are used in this verse as it brings in some unusual elements which has an indepth meaning to the whole verse. I believe this verse has a double meaning. One in which that implies that one cannot escape the dangers in life and the other about violence or death.
Most lines like ' with a shovel up out to reach somewhere' and ' string me up from atop these roofs ' shows death. There are many dangers and thus it could lead to death. Some of the lines talk about war, just like the first four lines in the verse. I'm guessing that these four lines are about the politicants trying to solved problem ongoing in their countries. I assume they are under tremendous stress and are going insane.
I am guessing the reason why the songwriter wrote using Metaphors is that he wanted to add a twist to this verse. He wanted to make it seem extraordinary so poeple would have different thoughts about it. Some people would have thought this song was made without any meaning, and some pondered on what the song was even talking about.

2)I like this whole verse as I find it a very special one. Normall poets would have written their poems in an emotional or an expressive way. However, this verse had random elements in it which makes it really hard for people to understand what the lyrics mean. The writer of this song would certainly have thought in a frustrated manner and wrote all the thoughts that went through his mind. Therefore, I like this verse due to the fact that it is unique.

0 comments:

Post a Comment