Reflections (what I learned so far)

I believe that every language has its own beauty in its way which many often decieve.

After getting to know what language arts is about, I suddenly realise how special English is. My language arts teacher, Mr Erik Lundberg, has certainly made a great impact on me. He made me realise that English isn't all about the boring grammer, the tough comprehensions we do etc. We need to grasp the point of language arts - the ability to love English. My teacher made me feel in this way and thus eases our pressure of language arts tests. Of course this is proven by the fact that if you love something, you will do well in it.

Another thing I learned was to improve my poetry. When I was in primary school, I used to write poems in my poetry book just to express the feelings and thoughts that were going through my mind. After a couple of lessons, I learned how to analyze poems and therefore write better poems. I love writing poems and is grateful that Language Arts in Hwa Chong has given me the opportunity to enchance my love for poetry.

1 comments:

fun xue yao said...

I am very happy for you that you learnt to realise how important Language Arts and English is to you and me. I have also learnt that through the lessons and I am very proud of myself for knowing the importance of English. I have also realised that english is a lot more to that than grammars, comprehensions, compositions and many more stuff that people think that gives people a very hesitant feeling when studying english. Know that you know how to write a poem, I hope that you will become a very successful poet in the future and everybodu will enjoy you limericks.(Hopefully you write a lot of limericks. :P)

Post a Comment